We are a typical Canadian family who loves to travel. We are a family made up of a mom (me – Nicole), dad (Jamie) and our kids Luca and Sofia. Some of our best memories and times spent as a family is when we are travelling and exploring the world.
Plain and simple it makes us happy!
It makes us so HAPPY that we set upon a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and took our kids to travel the world for 1 year! We sold almost everything and took off to visit 23 countries with our kids at ages 5 & 7. We pinched ourselves every day on the experiences, things we did, places we visited, the food we ate and time we were able to spend with our kids.
We want to share our experience with all those other parents out there that want to travel more with their kids. Travelling doesn’t stop when you have kids. So this is why I spend hours sharing our story to hopefully inspire other parents to just take that trip!
Go for it!
Let me introduce you to The Passport Kids team,
Luca (aka Lucs)
Luca is wise beyond his years, with a heart full of generosity and kindness. He loves learning about animals, sports and soaking everything into his brain when we travel. He is up for trying anything new on our adventures.
- Passport First Used: 4 months – Dominican Republic (solo trip with mom)
- Favourite Place to Visit: Australia and anywhere with his cousins
- Favourite Travel Food: Quesadilla & Sushi
- Most Memorable Travel Moment: Scuba diving in Thailand with sharks, flying over Fraser Island in Australia, and conquering the Langkawi Sky Bridge in Malaysia!
- Travel Duties: Techie master, food critic & kids club specialist
- Countries Travelled: 28
Sofia (aka Fifi)
Sofia is all about fun! She just wants to run, play and live life to the fullest. She seeks out any fun things to do on our travels and enjoys every moment that brings her joy. She loves animals! And she has an uncanny sense of direction when we travel to know exactly where we are, even if we have only been there once before.
- Passport First Used: 11 months – Mexico
- Favourite Place to Visit: Jamaica and anywhere she has to take a plane ride
- Favourite Travel Food: Sushi, spaghetti & Snacks – don’t go anywhere with her without snacks!
- Most Memorable Travel Moment: Being told to sit down when the leopard was staring at her on the safari in Africa, swimming in a waterfall in Croatia, feeding Kangaroos in Australia, and sleeping in a closet in Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
- Travel Duties: Seeking out fun, map holder, and beach expert
- Countries Travelled: 27
Jamie doesn’t like to over plan. He is up for being spontaneous and seeing where the day takes us on our travels. He loves to seek out great food and always chats with the locals. He learns about new places through the people he meets and the food he enjoys, which has led to some of the best travel moments.
- Passport First Used: 2 years – Italy
- Favourite Place to Visit: Vietnam and South Africa
- Favourite Travel Food: Vietnamese Pho
- Most Memorable Travel Moment: Seeing the BIG 5 at Kruger National Park in South Africa, going back to visit family in Civitanova del Sannio, Italy.
- Travel Duties: Food guru, expert negotiator, luggage handler, keeping travel spontaneous and introductions to the locals
- Countries Travelled: 29
Last but not least is me, the person who is behind The Passport Kids. I love to explore and always have since I was little. I have a sense of wanderlust, itchy-feet and always want to go somewhere new. I come up with the crazy ideas in the family and lead them on some amazing journeys that fill our lives with happiness. I absolutely LOVE everything about travel and the adventures that come along with those experiences.
- Passport First Used: 4 years – moved to Germany
- Favourite Place to Visit: Anywhere new
- Favourite Travel Food: French cuisine and any kind of street food.
- Most Memorable Travel Moment: Taking my kids all the way around the globe in an easterly direction for 1 year! Also, being blessed by a monk at Angkor Wat in Cambodia, scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, helicopter ride through Verona in Italy, and taking a camel ride through the Abu Dhabi desert in UAE.
- Travel Duties: Idea generator, researcher and organizer
- Countries Travelled: 35
If there is anything you want to ask us or get information on, we welcome you to reach out to us here.