So lately I have been having some great conversations with my readers, friends and acquaintances about how much they have enjoyed reading my posts and I’ve seen that we have helped other people book trips and vacations!
I’ve even had Skype conversation and coffee talks with readers who have booked their own WORLD TRIP similar to ours! How exciting is that!!!
This to me is the greatest feeling, the reason WHY I write these blog posts and take the time to fill them up with so much great info, so folks have the confidence to book those NEW adventures with their kids. Or in some cases, I’ve heard from couples who have booked a weekend getaway or retirees who have booked a trip because “if you can take kids there, I should be able to go!”
All of these conversations make me the happiest, that I have made a difference in someone’s life in some small way. It fills me up and the reason why I keep writing.
What has become apparent though, is that some readers didn’t realize that they could help support my writing (i.e. my small business) by using some of the links and tools on my website. So this post is all about sharing that info with all of you – my readers.
If you find ANY value or want to support our blog these are the ways you can help…. since you probably don’t know the ins of the blogging business (nor should you really care, you just want to travel more). Some cost you $0.00 and are quick and easy ways to help!
What You'll Find in This Post
How You Can Help
1. Bookmark Travel Resource Page & Use our Affiliate Links
This Travel Resource page outlines all of our affiliates that we work with and we make a small commission every time someone uses from that link! There is no extra cost to you, it just keeps track because of a cookie or unique code from our website!
And just to let you in on a little secret, someone always makes a commission off of your purchases online, so if you find ANY value from our posts, hopefully, you would rather support us instead of someone else :)
Here is a list of our Affiliates that we work with and recommend because we have used them for our travels!
- Airbnb – Claim a Credit if you’ve never used Airbnb before!
- World Nomads (Travel Insurance)
- Car Rental
- Get Your Guide (Travel Experiences)
- Viator (Travel Experiences)
- Skyscanner (Even just searching for flights)
2. Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We know your email inbox is a special and sacred place, but if you want some happiness delivered to your inbox and an inspirational break from everything else then sign up here.
I usually send out weekly updates with the latest posts, a bit about what going on behind the scenes and other tidbits about travelling.
3. Engage with Us on Social Media
This costs you $0.00 but helps us tremendously!
- Follow Us on Social Media
- Comment, Share, Like or Love our Social
- I respond back to EVERY comment on all of the social media channels. I love engaging with my readers and followers.
- This also helps when I pitch to work with a travel company! You may not think it’s important, by travel brands do, and look at the engagement and analytics to justify what type of reach a blogger has with their community.
Keep it simple – If you like what you see – give us a little thumbs up or heart to let us know!
View this post on Instagram
We are The Passport Kids! . . It seems like a good time to reintroduce ourselves, since it’s been a while. We are a family that loves to travel and explore the world with our kids! 👨👩👧👦 . . In 2017, we set off for an adventure of a lifetime and travelled the world with our 5 & 7 year old kids for 1 year! ✈️ 🚞 ⛴ 🚗 . . We visited 23 countries, 5 continents, 81 cities and so many other amazing places in the world. 🗺 . . We lived out of 4 small suitcases 🧳 for a year as we crisscrossed around the globe 🌎 . . We worldschooled / unschooled 📝 🍎 our kids for their kindergarten and Grade 3, giving them a very long school field trip to observe learn and grow! The best opportunity and education we could have ever given them. . . We chose to spend quality time as a family and focus on what was important in life. We spent more time in playgrounds, playing on beaches and hiking in national parks together. . . We tried all different kinds of food 🥘 🍜 from around the world to widen our taste buds and appreciate great food. . . We set out to live each day to the fullest with no regrets and always looking forward. . . Upon our return to Canada 🇨🇦 we relocated our family to British Columbia to be closer to the mountains and lakes. 🏔 . . We are now exploring places close to our new home base and helping others take the LEAP of faith to take that BIG trip with their family or at least know they CAN still travel anywhere with kids. . . Our blog is all about getting kids travelling the world and exploring new places. You can find more help in the link in our bio or at www.thePassportKids.com . . Don’t wait for SOMEDAY… start your travel dream TODAY ❤️ . . Thank you for following along in our journey and we are looking forward to sharing more great travel inspiration! . . Happy Travels! . . #oneyearoftravel #noregrets #fulltimetravel #worldschool #unschool #starttoday #passportkids #familytravel #kidstravel #ftb100 #tinytravels #familytrip #familytraveltribe #havekidswilltravel #tmom #lpkids #travelwithkids #kidswhotravel #fearlessfamtrav #suitcasetribe #takeyourkidseverywhere #holidayswithkids #travelwithkids #worldtravelwithkids
Behind the Blog Scene
Costs of Blogging
Full disclosure and I outline everything in detail on my disclosure statement here. In order to keep my blog running, I try to make money to keep my blog operational. I also try to make some profit so I can keep writing for my audiences.
This is my small business and I treat it like a small business. And even though I don’t have a storefront, I have other expenses to keep the lights on (i.e. this website up).
My expenses to run a blog includes hosting my website, tools to edit my website, send newsletters (Aweber), schedule out content (Tailwind), Adobe Photo (for photo editing), stock photo purchases, SEO tools (Keysearch), cloud backup, and other tools for website maintenance.
What is doesn’t include is the time that it takes to write a post. On average, I would say I spend 6-8 hours writing each one of the detailed blog posts which are approximately 3,000 words. SEO research, writing, and photo editing.
And nevermind all the social media channels that I try to keep current to share these stories on top of that. I love writing and I love sharing our travel info, but this hopefully paints a picture of the effort that goes into writing each of these travel blog posts.
How I Earn Money from Blogging
- Affiliates – I earn a commission from the affiliates that I use and therefore recommend to my readers. All of the affiliate links on the website are products or services that we have used and therefore recommend them. All of our affiliates can be found on our Travel Resource page.
- Sponsored Posts – I work with various travel and tourism companies. These arrangements are different every time, but generally, I will be hosted by the company. I stay, use their service or get their product in exchange for a blog post / social media campaign / content creation about it (with my personal views). You can find out more on our Work with Us page. Some examples: Fraser Island & Whitefish Ski Resort.
- Advertisements – I earn money from advertisers to be able to put their ads on my website. The longer you stay, or more frequently you visit the website the more pennies I make. (Honestly, this is pennies but every bit helps to pay the blogging bills)
So there you have it, the behind the scenes of how I earn money through blogging on www.ThePassportKids.com, and some of the reasons WHY I write and share our stories.
Are there any other questions that you have that I can help clear up?
If so, comment below so others can find out the answer too!
Thank you for supporting this blog, my writing, my small business and for supporting others to find some inspiration in the posts I write.
The way I look at it is the more I write, the greater the chance of other families travelling to these places too and creating life long memories.