There is something that is inspirational about family travel quotes that I absolutely love. They provide me with a quick check of gratitude and to put things into perspective when I start to lose my way.
The quotes about travel with family help me remember so many great reasons and the why behind travelling with kids is so important.
So I have gathered a few of my favourite quotes on adventure and family trip quotes for Facebook with our own pictures to share and help inspire and motivate other families who are travelling or want to travel more. All these photos are from our 1 year fulltime trip around the world with our kids.
A once in a lifetime adventure for our family and memories that we will never forget. Our kids were 5 & 7 when we set out on this year of travel adventure and we have absolutely no regrets about our decision.
Here are some of the best travel quotes that I decided to pull together into this post.
If you do decide to share the love and post these family trip quotes for Instagram, please tag us @passport_kids!
1. Deciding not to travel with kids because they won’t remember, is like not reading them books because they won’t remember the stories you read them. – Anonymous
This is one of my favourite quotes about traveling with family since it rings so true about not waiting until your kids get older to travel with them. This picture is from Whitsunday Island in Australia.
2. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama
One of the best quotes about traveling, since it doesn’t have to be anywhere far. It can simply be anywhere you have never been so you have fresh eyes. This picture was taken in the Arabian Desert in the United Arab of Emirates.
3. Not all classrooms have 4 walls – Anonymous
On our travels, we homeschooled the kids or should I say world schooled the kids and every place we went to was an opportunity for the kids to learn. Let children be young, be outside and explore!
This is one of my favourite family experience quotes because it makes you think about things from a different perspective. This picture was taken on Phuket Island in Thailand at an elephant sanctuary learning about the animals and how we can help them.
4. When Travelling, always take the scenic route. – Anonymous
One of my favourite family road trip quotes because it inspires you to take the longer more scenic route. Don’t rush through things, and when you are travelling with family you can’t rush through it. So take your time and slow down. This is the view of The Great Ocean Road in Australia when we took a self drive on the highway.
5. You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so… Get on your way – Dr. Seuss
A fun family quote with Dr. Suess about conquering whichever place is your mountain in the world.
6. Kids won’t remember their best day of television – Anonymous
They will not ever remember that day spent in front of a television. Get out and explore with them.
7. Any day spent with you is my favorite day. – A. A. Milne
Kids bond on trips and when are traveling as a family. This was what our family vacation and family trips are all about, our family being together and growing closer to each other. Going on daring adventures together!
On our 1 year of travel, these kids became each other’s best friend and the only other person who they could relate this journey and adventure with. They are pals and travelling helps bring siblings together for years to come.
8. Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. – Lewis Carroll
Instilling the sense of adventure in kids is vital to giving them the confidence to reach their dreams. Travelling with kids will give them this sense and why this is one of my favourite adventure travel quotes.
9. Give your kids adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show. – Unknown
After travelling for a year and only having one suitcase each, we have learned the value of adventures over things. Our kids rarely missed their toys while travelling since there are so many other things to do instead.
10. Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport. – Unknown
I often look through my passport and think about all the places we’ve been together as a family. The best is seeing the kids passports with their young pictures and I love this reminiscing quote.
11. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page – Saint Augustine
I’ve found the best way to teach my kids about other cultures and places in the world is by taking them there and letting them see with their own eyes.
12. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow – Anita Desai
There is something that changes you when you visit a place it might only be small but it can have lasting impacts for the rest of your life.
13. Oh the places you’ll go – Dr. Seuss
One of those inspirational travel quotes that never gets old to me. I love reading this book to the kids too!
14. Enjoy the little things in life, or one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things. – Unknown
The little things in life somehow get noticed more when travelling and spending time with your kids.
15. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams. – Oprah Winfrey
I always encourage my kids to live the life of their dreams, it also takes demonstrating it from me. I constant reminder to keep pursuing your own dreams to show your kids it is possible for them too!
16. Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning. – Harvey Lloyd
There is always something to learn when you are travelling. Whether you are you or old you will never stop learning.
17. The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories – Og Mandino
I want my life to be full of happy memories and travel has brought on most of those happy memories to our family.
18. People forget the years and remember moments – Unknown
I’m not going to lie, I have years that are blackout moments for me! The years blend all together. But, what I do remember are travel moments with my kids and all the intricate details that make up the stories.
19. Don’t count the days; make the days count. – Muhammad Ali
A reminder to fill your days up with things that count and even if you only have a few days in a place make it count!
20. Not all those who wander are lost. – J. R. R. Tolkien
No, we are not lost! Our family loves to wander and we know exactly what we are doing, maybe not the destination but we know the journey we are on.
Hopefully, you have some great travel inspiration from these quotes about travel. I like to keep them handy for regular checks to keep me motivated.
Do you have any favourite travel with kids quotes that you love? If so, share it in the comments below.