Who doesn’t love a great beach vacation? We do! Chances are if you found this article you are planning your next beach trip but looking for an easy beach packing list. You found the right place to make your next beach vacation packing easier for you and your family. Everyone loves going on hot holidays, but sometimes the packing can be a challenge. Let us help you!
This vacation packing list is a great checklist for a hot holiday for anywhere from 7 days to 14 days. This is also part of our 1-year trip packing list with just for the items for our hot destinations so you can use it for longer… with a bit of laundry!
What You'll Find in This Post
Beach Packing Checklist
All the items you need for your next beach vacation. We’ve included everything in this list that you could possibly need to pack, you can remove those items that don’t apply to you.
Don’t forget to get your FREE printable Beach Packing Checklist.
Beach Clothing Items
List is per person. For small kids or babies you may want to increase the numbers.
- Shirts (4-5)
- Tank tops (4)
- Pants (1-2)
- Shorts (3-4)
- Sundress / Skirts (2) Or Dress Shirt (2)
- Swimsuit (2-3)
- Swimsuit cover-up
- Sweater (1 dressy and 1 casual)
- Work out clothes (exercise/tennis/running/etc)
- Sun Hat (try finding one that folds up for travel with SPF)
- Underwear (7)
- Bras (2)
- Socks (3)
- Rain Jacket
- Running Shoes Or Walking Shoes –
- Flip Flops or Sandals (1-2)
Beach Packing List
- Beach Bag
- Sunscreen (try to find safe sunscreen for the oceans and reef safe)
- Anti-Chafing Balm (Body Glide is our favourite)
- Inspect Repellent
- Dry Bag (these Sea to Summit dry bags are amazing for keeping your valuable dry including your camera, id, money, etc. We have the 8-litre bag)
- Eyeglass case
- Books / Magazines
- Snorkel Gear & Dive Mask
- Water Shoes
- Diving Toys
- Lifejacket or Flutter board (This Speedo swim vest was perfect for packing and taking our 1-year trip to keep the kids safe in the water)
- Inflatable Pool Toys
- Swimming Goggles
- Water Bottle
- To Go Cups – perfect for keeping your drinks cold
- Foldable Cooler Bag – perfect for keeping lunch items cool (we use lightweight insulated cooler since they are easily foldable)
- Beach Towel – most places will have towels to use but if you want your own
- Brush or Comb
- Hair elastics / Hair Product
- Hair Product
- Lip Balm with SPF
- Razor / Shaving Cream
- Flat Iron / Curling Iron
- Hairdryer (we always use the one in the hotel but some may need the diffuser)
- Feminine Product
- Prescription Glasses (2)
- Contact Lenses / Case / Solution
- Jewelry / Watch
- Perfume / Cologne
- Ear Plugs & Eye Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Toiletry Bag (By far the best toiletry bag I’ve found. This one can hang on almost anything in the bathroom and gives lots of space in small countertop spaces)
We always bring medicine along with us on any trip. Both for adults and kids dosage usually 2-3 days worth of each which gives us enough time to find more and late night illnesses.
- Prescription Medicine
- Aloe Vera
- Allergy Medicine
- Cold/Flu Medicine
- Waterproof Bandaids
- Ear Infection Drops
- Eye Infection Drops
- Swimmers Ear Drops
- Emergency Medical First Aid Kit
Extras for Beach Vacations
- Travel Games (Uno, Monopoly Deal, etc)
- Camera / Memory Cards (This is all the camera gear that we bring)
- Waterproof Camera or GoPro
- Colouring Books / Crayons
- Water Football (These Waboba balls our kids favourite and doesn’t fall apart or break)
- Portable waterproof speaker (we use this one all the time and has held up to the beach test with sand and water)
- Cords and Chargers for all electronics
Personal Items & Documents
- Credit Cards
- Phone & Chargers
- Immunization Records
- Tourist Visas
- Travel Insurance – This is the travel insurance we use for all our travel needs
- Health Insurance
- Drivers License
- Hotel / Car Rental / Flight Information
Travel Gear & Luggage
- Suitcase (our favourite is the Deuter Helion suitcases and Rip Curl F-light Cabin for the kids)
- Packing Cubes
- Electronic cable storage (this one is the ultimate favourite one that keeps us organized and we’ve never lost a cable)
- Ipads – with movies and shows downloaded for the family in case there is limited wifi at the hotel
- Universal plugin adaptor
- Day Pack or Backpack
- Suitcase locks
Home Checklist Items
Before you head out on a beach vacation here are a few things to make sure you’ve covered off your to do list:
- House Sitter
- Dog sitter / Dog food
- Plants watered
- Empty Garage
- Empty Fridge
- Turn off inside water
- Alarm Set
- Pause Newspaper Delivery
- Mail – have someone pick up
- Let neighbours know you will be away with contact info
- Bills – pay in advance to cover while on vacation
- Heat / Cooling – turn to Econo mode to help cost savings
Beach Packing Travel Tips
- Packing Cubes! Colour code each person’s clothing with packing cubes for a quick find. It also keeps clean and dirty clothes separated.
- Roll your clothes for more space.
- Remember you can buy almost anything EVERYWHERE in the world!
- Less is more when travelling so don’t overpack.
- Try having all bottoms and top be interchangeable and match with everything.
- Always double-check what the destination weather will before you finalize your packing and adapt your packing to the expected weather.
- If you are driving to your beach vacation check these best tips for surviving long car rides with kids, including some must bring items specifically for road trips.
- Beach toys for kids can be a family favourite. We always buy when we get to the hot destination to help save space in packing. We usually then give it to another family that just arrived or leave in the room at the end of our stay.
- If staying at an Airbnb, check with your host to see if they have beach gear that can be used while you are there. Typically for beach vacation spots hosts usually have some items for guests to use.
- Print off this printable Beach Packing Checklist and have your kids get involved with packing their items.
Looking for Beach Travel Ideas?
Here is a list of hot holiday’s that we have explored in the world that may give you some inspiration or itinerary plan ideas.